- Last Updated: Saturday, 22 February 2014 10:57
During the spring semester, Northwood High School sophomore students and parents have the opportunity for a forty-five minute conference with their assigned NHS counselor. Conferences will begin in February and end prior to our spring advisement scheduling conferences in May. During each conference, our counselors will discuss high school graduation requirements, post-secondary options, cumulative records and transcripts, performance on standardized assessments, high school planning, ROP course opportunities, and CAHSEE testing. We hope, through this experience, that we can provide your student an additional layer of support and equip your family with the information that you will need to ensure an informed and successful experience at Northwood High School.
10th Grade Checklist:
Take the PSAT in October
- Continue to apply your study skills and earn good grades!
- Get to know your counselor
- Keep track of your grades and credits earned, as well as what other graduation requirements you need
- Take the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) in March
- Continue participating in extracurricular activities
- Continue building your file/portfolio of important documents
- Meet with your counselor in the Spring for your high school planning conference
- Plan ahead for the next 3 years
- Courses you are interested in taking
- Investigate different college and careers using Naviance
- - NHS A-G List
- Check out the ROP opportunities available!